strada cieca: richiesta di aiuto "Carlo Morosin" circa 1930-2000

Do you speak English? Are you searching for your Ancestors in Italy? Post here your request. We’ll do our best to help you.

Moderatori: Staff, Collaboratori

Rispondi
frenk86
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

strada cieca: richiesta di aiuto "Carlo Morosin" circa 1930-2000

Messaggio da frenk86 »

ciao a tutti!

I'll write in English as it is easier as in italiano, but feel free to answer in whatever language.

first of all a big "grazie" for creating this forum, I'm dedicating myself to Italian genealogy for a while now, but somehow have never thought about the existence of a forum about it. Now I stumbled upon it and really appreciate the content and the accumulated "Schwarm-Intelligenz".

I have a cul-de-sac-situation and thought maybe someone here has had similar problems and is willing to share their experiences.

I am searching for information about my biological grandfather (i.e. my mothers biological father) Carlo Morosin, of whom I have only little information:

- born around 1930 (that's my grandmothers birth year) in the region of Treviso, probably in or around Bassano del Grappa and spent in the late 50ies time in Switzerland (BL) where he impregnated my grandmother (or where my grandmother let herself get impregnated - no judging involved).
- had a Brother Luigi, whom he was with in Switzerland.
- had two sisters (Sofia and Emilia) who spent their lives in a convent somewhere in Ticino.
- died in Italy, probably Bassano, around 2000, where he seemed to have had a family.

My problem is that it is a topic neither my mother nor my grandmother are very keen to talk about and that it is a person that lived in the 20th century, so the archives aren't available yet.

the cluster on cognomix for the surname Morosin suggests the descent of that region, also there are some Morosins in the archives (antenati, familysearch), but without knowing Carlos parents it's hard to get a grip of him. I am looking for that missing generation that will enable me to dive further back in time.

I also tried to findagrave, but the Morosin(i)s I found there are in North America, does such a page exist for Italian graveyards?

Do convents share genealogical data of their inhabitants?

That's the situation, any thoughts?

Grazie e tanti saluti

ginamarquardi
Livello3
Livello3
Contatta:

Re: strada cieca: richiesta di aiuto "Carlo Morosin" circa 1930-2000

Messaggio da ginamarquardi »

Hi!
You looked for your mother or father birth certificate (is it maternal or paternal lineage?). The certificate should indicate the parents and thus their place of birth. And also the year.
Gina - Gino e Giana - Umberto e Amelia - Luigi e Maria 1852 - Angelo e Giovanna 1828 - Luigi Vincenzo e Andrianna 1782 - Daniello Pietro e Santa Catterina 1733 - Pietro Antonio e Rosa 1704 - Joanni Battista e Francesca 1678 - Pietro e Marta 1632 - Joanne e Elisabetta - Danielis e Ursula 1587 -

frenk86
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

Messaggio da frenk86 »

ciao Gina

grazie per la tua risposta.

my mother was "nata fuori dal matrimonio" in Switzerland in 1960 and is legally only my grandmother's daughter, and also got her mothers surname - Ceretta.

I am looking for my grandmothers affair in 1959 of whom I only have that little information :clue:

ginamarquardi
Livello3
Livello3
Contatta:

Messaggio da ginamarquardi »

very very complicated. knowing the locality, perhaps, there are the registers born out of wedlock; sometimes there is useful information, but I do not know the Swiss legislation for these cases.
Gina - Gino e Giana - Umberto e Amelia - Luigi e Maria 1852 - Angelo e Giovanna 1828 - Luigi Vincenzo e Andrianna 1782 - Daniello Pietro e Santa Catterina 1733 - Pietro Antonio e Rosa 1704 - Joanni Battista e Francesca 1678 - Pietro e Marta 1632 - Joanne e Elisabetta - Danielis e Ursula 1587 -

frenk86
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

Messaggio da frenk86 »

ciao Gina

even if there were registers of those born out of wedlock they wouldn't be accessible due to the retention period of 100 years for documents containing personal details.

A thought I had was maybe search for obituary notices in newspapers of that period (i.e. late 1990s, early 2000s), does anyone have experiences in this field?

ery1
Collaboratore
Collaboratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da ery1 »

Hi frenk86,
from the Ancestry site, collection "Address books of Germany and surrounding areas, 1815-1974", I find out some Morosin / Ceretta / Pellizzato living in 1965 in Liestal, Basel, Switzerland.

While in a published family tree I find out a couple Morosin / Pellizzato from Castelfranco Veneto and his hamlet Salvarosa.

If you think they're the same people I'd say to focus your research on Castelfranco Veneto.
For example you can write on Facebook groups from this area.

In Italy copies of newspapers with obituaries are generally not published online and you can find the physical copy in the library archives.
Erica

frenk86
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

Messaggio da frenk86 »

ciao ery1,

very inspiring, thank you very much! you gave me a good reason to get acquainted with ancestry :cool:

this all sounds very fitting, I'll let you know what I will find out.

Rispondi