Ferdinando Gaetani

Do you speak English? Are you searching for your Ancestors in Italy? Post here your request. We’ll do our best to help you.

Moderatori: Staff, Collaboratori

Bloccato
fcostaga
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

Ferdinando Gaetani

Messaggio da fcostaga »

Hello,

This is my great-grandfather, i've found his birth and wedding certificate, however, it seems that he went back to italy, in naples. I'm trying to find is death certificate and it looks pretty hard to get any information in Naples.
The range of his death date is 1908-1940, name Ferdinando Gaetani, father's name Franciscoantonio Gaetani and son Francisco Gaetani, is anyone willing to help?

cannella55
Collaboratore
Collaboratore
Contatta:

Re: Ferdinando Gaetani

Messaggio da cannella55 »

32 anni di lasso di tempo???
Come pensi si possa fare una ricerca?
Napoli è divisa in quartieri, ho provato in passato a cercare per un'amica, ma anche con riferimenti più precisi è stato impossibile.
Se non ricordo male, non ci sono indici o tabelle riassuntive degli atti, divise per cognome e si devono sfogliare tutte le pagine di tutti i quartieri...
Nessuna altra informazione più dettagliata?

fcostaga
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

Messaggio da fcostaga »

Hi @canela,
Thanks for your reply. My grandfather was born in 1908 in Brazil, my great-grandfather did in person his birth certificate, that said he was living in Brazil by the time of 1908. The next record that I have is the weeding certificate of my grandfather in 1940 in Brazil, there is written that my great-grandfather was already dead in italy.
My father says that my grandfather barely spoke Portuguese and he came from naples.
An old consultant firm had told me that Ferdinando probably had back from brazil to Italy, but they are facing hard time, something related that no one wants to work with Naples.

fcostaga
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

Messaggio da fcostaga »

Hi @canela,
Thanks for your reply. My grandfather was born in 1908 in Brazil, my great-grandfather did in person his birth certificate, that said he was living in Brazil by the time of 1908. The next record that I have is the weeding certificate of my grandfather in 1940 in Brazil, there is written that my great-grandfather was already dead in italy.
My father says that my grandfather barely spoke Portuguese and he came from naples.
An old consultant firm had told me that Ferdinando probably had back from brazil to Italy, but they are facing hard time, something related that no one wants to work with Naples.

fcostaga
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

Messaggio da fcostaga »

Then I've decided to take this research myself and so far it's been challenging yet amazing, reading records, trying to get any piece of this puzzle. I ended up here at this blog, so I thought to be a good idea to share a bit my experience and see what kinda of help i can get from here

LUIGIRUSSO007
Livello3
Livello3
Contatta:

Messaggio da LUIGIRUSSO007 »

Naples online records only go back as far as 1865. For the following period, if we do not have precise data, it is not possible to trace the individual acts. If you don't know the date (or year) and district of birth. It is possible to do research in the state and diocesan archives, but they are expensive and it is necessary to go there in person or to hire someone to do the research for you.

Langhedoc
Esperto
Esperto
Contatta:

Messaggio da Langhedoc »

Buongiorno fcostaga
Come ti dice cannella55, non sarà facile trovare l’atto di morte del tuo bisnonno che magari poi non era neanche nato a Napoli ma in qualche comune vicino.
Quello che si capisce dal tuo scritto è che lui aveva dichiarato personalmente la nascita del tuo nonno in Brasile nel 1908 e che poi era tornato in Italia, non si sa quando e che poi era già defunto al matrimonio del tuo nonno avvenuto sempre in Brasile. Questi atti li hai? Perché non li posti o metti un link così i nostri esperti possono controllare meglio. E poi, visto che c’è un post dedicato a chi parla in portoghese, io suggerirei di riformulare tutto il tuo pensiero e di essere più preciso con i dati che hai e sopratutto di esporre tutto questo nella tua madre lingua. Vedrai che sarà più immediata la comunicazione e rimarrai stupito dalla professionalità di queste persone che si fanno in quattro per aiutare. Però bisogna anche aiutare loro a cercare. Un saluto

fcostaga
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

Messaggio da fcostaga »

Hi Luigi.

Yes, i have the birth certificate and passport of Ferdinando Gaetani, they are from different cities. @langheloc thanks for your suggestions, I'll try do it.

ziadani
Amministratore
Amministratore

Messaggio da ziadani »

Possiamo vedere il passaporto e l'atto di nascita?

inserimento-immagini

Dovresti però pubblicarli nell'altra discussione, questa la chiudo.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19696

Bloccato