No birth records Bartolome Antonio Gualeni PLEASE HELP ME!

Do you speak English? Are you searching for your Ancestors in Italy? Post here your request. We’ll do our best to help you.

Moderatori: Staff, Collaboratori

Rispondi
natalibondia
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

No birth records Bartolome Antonio Gualeni PLEASE HELP ME!

Messaggio da natalibondia »

Hello everyone! I have been searching for my great-grandfather's birth place in Italy. His name was Bartolome Antonio Gualeni, born between 1873 and 1876 in Bergamo, according to his grandson. We know he came to Argentina from 1894, because that is his marriage date. I have found all of his children's baptism records, but none of them specify where he was born. His wife was Maria Vicenza Damatto.
Apparently he entered Latin America through Paraguay, so I can't find any immigration records online. All of his children have passed away, and his grandsons too, so I can't get any type of information from relatives.
I have searched in every municipality from Bergamo, looking the 10-years index from each of them in Antenati.
Can anybody help me? I have no other places to search!
Thanks in advance.

ziadani
Amministratore
Amministratore

Re: No birth records Bartolome Antonio Gualeni PLEASE HELP ME!

Messaggio da ziadani »

Come sempre diciamo occorrono i nomi dei genitori di Bartolomeo.
L'atto di matrimonio cosa dice? Possiamo vederlo?

natalibondia
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

His parent's names are Giovanni Battista Gualeni and Maria Angela Vernengo. His marriage certificate is blank! I don't know what happened but only their names appear and they didn't even sign the paper.
Thanks!

crviero
Moderatore
Moderatore
Contatta:

Messaggio da crviero »

En la region de Lombardia, existen las variaciones del apellido que informas como "Vernengo" todavía creo sea Bernengo...

Tal vez la busqueda se deba hacer en las provincias de Milano, Como, porque en la de Bergamo nó se encontró en Antenati.

natalibondia
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

I have an update. In his marriage certificate, it says that Bartolome was born in the Province of Bergamo. Is there any way I can search for militar records or any online archives if his name appears somewhere?

ziadani
Amministratore
Amministratore

Messaggio da ziadani »

Ho trovato le liste di leva di Bergamo città e della sua provincia

http://www.asbergamo.beniculturali.it/i ... te-di-leva

Ci sono molti Gualeni ma nessun Bartolomeo Antonio e, tra le madri, nessuna Vernengo/Bernengo

bikabrand
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

Messaggio da bikabrand »

Il cognome Gualeni nella provincia di Bergamo è molto diffuso nella zona nord del lago di Iseo.
Partendo dalla lista di leva della provincia di Bergamo ho trovato che i Gualeni erano di Castro, Costa Volpino, Pianico, Solto, Lovere e Gandino.

Ho quindi provato a cercare nei comuni di quella zona su Antenati, ma non si trova nessun Gualeni Bartolomeo:

Castro
Costa Volpino
Pianico
Solto
Lovere
Gandino
Riva di Solto
Rogno
Sovere
Bossico

Ciao Gabriele

natalibondia
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

Hello everyone! I am very thankful for your help. In the past few days, I was able to find new information, but none of it revealed my avo's municipality of birth.
I searched in every municipality in Bergamo in the webpage Antenati, in the ten years indexes. He was not there. I saw that there are some municipalities that don't appear in Antenati, so I figured I could search the registries through Family Search. As they are blocked, I asked for an online appointment with an employee of the page. I still haven't had the appointment.
My avo's parent was a farmer. My avo was a farmer in Argentina too and he had an asparagus plantation (I mention this because maybe in a certain part of Italy there are many asparagus plantation and it could lead me to his place of birth). Also, I now believe they entered Argentina through Uruguay, because they lived for some years in San José, Gualeguaychú, Entre Rios. I found out that in that village there was a large immigration of Italians from Piemonte.
I searched in cognomix, and found there are some Gualeni families in that Province. When I look in Antenati, there are no registries of 1873-1876. Does anybody know where I can find registries from Piemonte's municipalities?

Thank you in advance!

Antonella canale
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

Messaggio da Antonella canale »

Hola! Piamonte es una región. Tendrías que ver de qué provincia, recién ahí podés ver más específico los registros de año.

Rispondi