Peter Paul Louis Venn (Pietro Paolo Luigi Venn?)

Do you speak English? Are you searching for your Ancestors in Italy? Post here your request. We’ll do our best to help you.

Moderatori: ery1, gmoccaldi, Staff

Rispondi
eaasland
Livello1
Livello1
Contatta:

Peter Paul Louis Venn (Pietro Paolo Luigi Venn?)

Messaggio da eaasland »

Hello,

I was hoping that someone might help me find my great-great grandfather, Peter Paul Louis Venn (PPLV), born between 1824 and 1832, in Italy. I think PPLV immigrated to England in the 1850s, perhaps first to the Isle of Wight in Hampshire, as I have found him there in the 1861 census working as a millwright in a town called Newport. By 1863, he is stil a millwright and now living in Andover, Hampshire, where, on August 8, 1863, he marries my great-great grandmother, Elizabeth Dyer. His father was supposedly a man named Joseph Venn, a farmer. I have not found PPLV or his father Joseph (Giuseppe?)Venn in the 1841 or 1851 censuses of the UK. This is why I think he came to England after 1851.

My uncle, John Venn, who has DNA tested, has found that he matches a number of people with Italian ancestry and some with just Italian ancestry. Many of these people who match genetically my uncle seem to come from the Emilia-Remagna region. I tend to think that from the DNA testing that PPLV likely came from Northern Italy.

There is a family rumour that PPLV changed the spelling of his surname from Venne or Venné to Venn shortly after arriving in the UK, but it is just a rumour. I have no proof of this.

I have been researching him for many years, but with no luck. I would be so so grateful for any help or tips.

Thank you so very very much!

Erik Aasland
Canada

Rispondi